NAMSS is committed to enhancing the professional development of and recognition for professionals in the medical staff and credentialing services field. The medical services profession has evolved over the past 41 years to where we are today – a true profession that spans a wide range of employment settings and requires a specific knowledge base and professional competencies. The NAMSS membership includes more than 6,000 medical staff and credentialing services professionals from medical group practices, hospitals, managed care organizations, and CVOs.
Through our education, advocacy, and commitment to patient safety, NAMSS continues to support MSPs, our members, and the healthcare industry.
Watch the video below to see the new NAMSS!
About Medical Services Professionals
Medical Services Professionals (MSPs) are an essential part of any healthcare organization. MSPs are primarily accountable for the administrative and medical-legal structure of the medical staff organization.
Some of the most important responsibilities of MSPs are:
- Credentialing and re-credentialing of all physicians and allied health practitioners
- Maintaining numerous physician information data banks, including education training, experience, and licensure
- Maintaining an accredited continuing medical education (CME) program and providing CME for physicians to maintain their clinical competency
- Reviewing and implementing various federal rulings and accrediting body standards pertaining to the functions of the medical and/or provider staff
- Establishing systems to facilitate meetings and communication between physicians, both within and outside their specialties, as well as with a hospital’s administration
- Developing, establishing, and enforcing of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies that govern the activities of the medical staff
Learn more about MSPs and the state of the medical services profession.
To enhance the professional development and recognition of the medical services profession through education and advocacy.
Ensure healthcare quality and patient safety.
Who We Serve
NAMSS serves MSPs across healthcare settings, reflecting the changing landscape of our profession.
- Acute Care Specialties/Hospitals
- Locum Tenens
- Ambulatory Facilities
- Managed Care Organizations
- Government organizations
- Credentialing Verification Organizations
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Group Practices
- Specialty Facilities
- Independent Practice Associations
- Teaching and Academic Organizations
- Law Offices
NAMSS Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
NAMSS seeks and values diversity and inclusive practices within our membership, leadership, and in the areas of the medical services profession represented by the membership, and strives to build committees and the Board of Directors in a manner that is reflective of the diversity of our profession. Click here to read the full Diversity and Inclusion Statement.